View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 03:46 AM

After the new lab report I just received regarding allergy testing for metals, I was wondering if it's possible that Steve was severely reactive to the metals that were implanted? It may have presented as an allergy when they 'opened him up'.

I had blood testing done on the recommendation of a poster, because of my known allergy to nickel. It turns out that I am highly allergic to just about every metal used in ADR, including Cobalt, Chromium, Molybdenum, Iron and Aluminum, as well as a few others. I am 'off the charts' with Nickel. Titanium is the only one that isn't extremely reactive with me.

I'd be curious to know if Steve could be reacting as I would have been, if I had followed through with the intended surgery months ago.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.