View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 05:27 PM

Steve, I'm glad you got a solid answer about the cause of your issues. The not knowing would cause a lot of stress.

Could you direct me to the article about the greater risk of adjacent level degeneration in the C 4-7 levels, as that's the area that my surgeon will be working on when we get the allergy issue sorted out. Thanks.

From what I've read, the ActivL disc is better when the space is limited, when distraction pain is going to be an issue. There's no sense in inducing more pain if it isn't necessary. It seems that so much new information is springing up, that could change our choices so dramatically.

You didn't have any dental work done after surgery did you? My dentist said that I had to take antibiotics just before treatment to avoid the very thing you describe above. It is so scary that such simple things can cause so much misery.

I'm glad that you are healing well, and wish you the very best in the upcoming weeks. Thanks for keeping us posted.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.