Thread: autofusion
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 02:01 PM

Default autofusion

Hey Mark,
thanks for reply. Glad it's a potentially interesting discussion. I seem to have much more ability to sit now (which was very minimal in the past except after ESI) and be mobile. Certainly over the last few years my ability to walk distances and/or be on my feet (not standing in one place tho) has improved greatly. I actually have very little down time most days at least by my own standards over the years re pain. Again, is this real improvement or is it improvement while on pain meds. All I know is I'm on the same amt. of pain medication for 9 years now but can do much more the last 4 years or so.

Dr.Spencer says L5S1 is bone on bone tho appears to have fused. I find it less painful to sit re old tailbone type of pain but then the following day after sitting a bunch I will have some tailbone pain, pain into the sciatic notchs, pain at piraformis area, glutes, slight burning pain in quads so the old pain areas are still somewhat bothered but not so very greatly so as to be totally disabling (in need of total bedrest for even a day).

Clearly I still seem to have pain in same areas but just less. I definately have more range of motion w/o repercussion.

Now my gut function is another story... it's not working very well and I'm worried about something I'm feeling in the lower right quadrant so am scheduled for endoscopy and colonscopy this coming Friday. Have to drink Tri-litely and 4 liters of fluid and be on clear liquids 2 days before this procedure because of the Methadone)... argghhhh....

Will give you call after this~ I'm hoping I can get thru this prep.. I dred it as well as not eating solids for 2 days!

Last edited by Maria; 10-04-2009 at 04:03 PM.