View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 11:28 AM

Default re my knee surgeries

My experience w/both rt. knee surgeries was that the first one which was a medial menicus tear/synovial tear, chondromalacia type clean up had a pretty speedy recovery but not for lateral movement (never really got that back w/o some repercussions) but could swim some months afterwards w/o probs~ 2nd surgery ~ patella tendon release done surgerically (not done surgically anymore) had a prolonged recovery and kicking with swimming was near impossible the first year.

I had to learn how to walk literally with the 2nd surgery as I guess I had a goofy sort of gait (congential feet probs, bilteral patella tracking probs, and the list is endless I'm sure for ortho deviations).

I hope the surgery you had addressed the problem you had. Knock on wood my rt. knee has been good since last surgery in '90 but there are flare ups and recovery did take time esp. the 2nd time 'round.

When I felt compromised for while here and there I'd wear a light knee brace for a few days to help out or limit mobility until the knee flare ups passed. You may still be in the recovery zone period and have to find your way around what will help you recover best re activity (Nsaids out for me due to GI probs).