View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 01:02 PM

Default Forteo: The Quest!

Ahh Maria, you'd keep me in the closet with a flea collar on! I can't win.

Here's something interesting - uh, to me:

Saw my endodontist today who saved a crown with a root canal. It cost but he's a very mellow, super-smart guy. I spoke with him about Forteo and he said that he and his colleagues rarely see it. I asked him why the jaw necrosis and he hypothesized b/c when he does extractions, the putrification from necrosis is plain to see (uh, smell too). He guessed that maybe other professions don't "go" in there e.g. with punch biopsies in other places.

The doc said that it's hypothesized, from his readings, that the bone produced lacks vascular flow of blood/nutrients. Think: so maybe this stuff just makes stiff brittle bone. The lattice work in our bones are remarkable and Annapurna can testify that various lattices are strong - or so I think.

So I'm waiting for a phone call from Dr. Regan to set up a new MRI and to speak with him about Forteo. I might have burned bridges by saying to his NP that I wish I were informed ASAP that I had osteoporosis but so it goes. I have yet to hear from them and my natural paranoia wonders if they consider me to be a PITA. Heck, just asking questions and paying for wisdom.

The endodontist encouraged me to speak to a bone physiologist. Now how in the world does one find one of these folks?!

He's a surfer dude, brilliant, and a runner/big time. He complains about sciatica, has not had a flexion x-rays, nor MRI. I said, "dude, you don't want to end up like me and running's hard on the spine". Then I said, "who listens to advice?" and we both cracked up. I suggested swimming instead and I actually think he thought of it; hope so. W/a bad back, he couldn't lean over and there would go his hard-bought, lucrative practice. Really nice guy.

Be well, ans

P.S. Barbara, I will consider Actonel and more power to you in growing bone.

Last edited by ans; 10-20-2009 at 01:05 PM.