View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 12:43 AM

Default I really need help

Despite multiple spine surgeries I am still in horrible severe pain. I thought that I finally found the main pain generator. My problem is that the neurosurgeon disagrees. Despite an MRI that shows foraminal stenosis, classic pain patterns that correlate, and a positive discogram, he thinks that this is not the problem yet can also offer no other explanation or help for the pain. He ordered a CT myelogram and unfortunatly the report shows nothing at the level in question however, the films (to me at least) look like at least a little nerve compression.

Where do I go from here? It is the same thing with every new doctor. Wait for the appt., wait for the tests, wait for the follow up appt. I can't endure this suffering any longer. I've been on every medication possible from hydrocodone to Fentanyl, to lyrica, to neurontin and every combination possible. At best my pain is reduced to a 9 for maybe an hour. I fought this pain for two years and it has beaten me. I just made my will and made sure that everything is in order so I don't leave anything for my family to have to take care. The worst thing about this is that I'm not even depressed, I'm in too much pain to even feel sad.
VATS thoracic fusion @ T3-4 and T6-7 on 9/11/09
Fusion w/cage @ C7-T1 on 11/12/09

Last edited by jchebert1979; 10-21-2009 at 12:52 AM.