View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 05:45 PM

Default doctors didn't send in ESI appeal

I'm feeling very upset right now because I initiated a process to get an ESI back in Sept. and it was denied because my OSS took an xray and found facet degeneration on L4 now so he just commented on that so ESI was denied on basis not helpful for facet degen.

I was given until Oct.10th to have appeal in with WC re ESI so I called PM and that very day I called they were going to send in an appeal as well as I made an appt. with my PTP (primary treating physician) and he also said he would send in an appeal (tho he said "don't hold your breath" and was in and out of the room in a minute I think).

I get transforaminal ESI at L4 bilateral approach and it has been greatly helpful and it helps me to be able to travel to see my father in Fla. and help him out but I've not had one for a number of months and while my spine is OK I'm waking up with pain and dragging a bit as far as doing housework and such. Walking is fine and sitting could be greatly enhanced with an ESI and my father sits around quite a bit now at 88 (it's about all he can do as walking is very difficult for him).

Anyway~ no appeal was sent by either doctor!!! I've been going to these guys now for some time. The OSS since 1998 and the PM since 2004 and they both know my circumstances and my requests.

It aggravates me to no end that I do my part but they didn't do theirs re the appeal.

What I didn't do was check several days before the appeal to make sure papers were actually sent in because I got all caught up in my GI issues and endoscopy/colonscopy procedural garbage...

I just talked with the WC Risk Manager and this person also knows my circumstances and asked again "and when are you going to have your surgery?".... I know she enjoys this part where a "lifer" (on future medical) gets denials and the doctors don't do their appeals in a timely fashion as she has the power to authorize the ESI and not even waste the $$ and time sending it thru to UR.

This isn't going to stop me from pursuing what I want but it rather makes my visit with my father more difficult for me and less helpful.

Ok sorry for the rant tho I'm sure any of you with WC know the stupid BS games but I'm really disappointed in my doctors since I've been going to them for some time now.