View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 04:33 AM

I'm sorry this turned political, Maria, but I want to assure those who think that government involvement can make things worse are mistaken. This case of yours is about as bad as it gets, without anyone else's help.

I live in the land of the government funded health service, and frankly, I don't see anything being any better on the US side of the line. People are getting refused treatment on everyday things down there, not just on out of the ordinary things like spine surgery. I would rather do battle on just my spine, just once in my life, instead of with every other treatment I've needed over the past fifty years. One speed bump in half a century with NO extra charges along the way for anything else sure beats fighting insurance companies each and every time I walk into a doctor's office.

OK, strongly worded explanation over. Back to Maria's very legitimate issue
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.