Thread: Kaiser?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 11:13 PM

Default Fusion/ADR Kaiser

Well, after all the tests it turned out I wasn't an ADR candidate due to my bone density so I had to get a two level fusion. I went to see about six doctors and then went to heavily research the kaiser doctors in Oakland.

Three weeks ago Dr. Baines performed my two level fusion at Kaiser Oakland. I would recommend him to anyone and I had many outside non Kaiser surgeons give me the green light with him. There are also a few other surgeons in Oakland who have good reputations. He is currently head of the Spine Department.

In the end, I feel very happy about how the surgery went, the hospital stay and I feel no more nerve pain (that was my goal). I would have no problem sending anyone to the spine clinic in Oakland, CA.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.