View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 01:00 PM

Default thanks

Rob,
Thanks for posting your surgery and results to date. After my 2nd discectomy I had piraformis pain that was horrific and it lasted quite some time (years). I never had much diagnostic testing beyond multiple MRIs post failed discectomy but had nerve root blocks at S1 nerve root that didn't help.

Piraformis stretching used to feel good while stretching but I don't know that it helped as I did this for years...

Again, not really sure what alleviated the pain that was deemed "piraformis syndrome" for me but I was soooo extremely glad to be rid of it as it was terrible whatever the cause.

Another type of pain that has left me over the years has been the terrible tailbone pain I had for so many years post failed discectomy as well.

I really don't know what was related to what but somehow I feel that time seemed to heal things but if there's a way to not wait *forever* and have to stop working/living while waiting for perhaps things to heal.. then it's ever so good to read about a physician skilled in diagnosing this problem and treating it surgically.

Hope you continue to improve daily!