View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 09:20 PM

Default Diagnosis after two and a half years.............

I started this thread in June 2007. Only this week have I finally been given a diagnosis for the leg weakness and pain I've had since then. I finally gave up on the major London neurology hospital as they said they "knew I had a problem somewhere but couldn't find the cause of it."

I went private and found a good surgeon well experienced in complex spinal surgery who ordered a cat scan and now all is revealed and it's shocking.
First off, the anterior fusion done in 1995 at L4/S1 has not healed and the staples are coming out, in fact the L4/5 staple can be clearly seen almost completely out.

The Dynesys screws ( L3/4 ) are badly placed and some of them have protruded through to the far side (anterior) of the vertebrae, the threading on the screws can be clearly seen on the "virtual reality" pictures poking out.
The screws have damaged the facet joints and there are fragments of bone loose in my spine.

The disc above the Dynesys has prolapsed also.

Plus the surgeon says my leg weakness IS due to cord compression in my neck.
I'm getting revision surgery soon and I've been told to contact the surgeon immediately if my neck/arm symptoms get any worse.
I'm devastated to learn how much damage has been done to me but hugely relieved to have been given the truth at last.