View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 10:15 PM

Default re not paying for service that left one worse..

Dale,
I surely wish WC hadn't paid for my 2nd surgery but then again WC is such a different entity.. well I'm thankful as horrible as the results were I didn't have to pay.

Then again getting back to non payment or refusal to pay for a service rendered that was not good or adequate, poor or leaving one in a worsened condition.. doesn't that bill eventually go to collections?

Long ago I did argue against a service that I felt was very poorly delivered or actually not delivered or rather I refused to pay the bill and I believe because I worked at the same hospital as the doctor that I saw and wrote enough letters arguing my case with the help of a friend who put a *legal* tone to it I was fortunate enough not to have to pay for the *non* service.

I had a much more recent experience that was just unbelievable in what happened in that I was charged for specimens that were never taken but because the swabs were sent to the lab as they were unwrapped and ready for the particular tests and the doctor didn't state in her charting that she didn't do the particular tests/take the particular specimens~ I was charged for them ($300) and not only that the lab should have stated that there wasn't enough or any material there on the specimen swab but rather stated that the specimens were negative for the specific entity and so I could not prove that they weren't even taken.

I had such a battle over this but because of the doctor's documentation and the lab's reporting I couldn't prove that the tests weren't done.

I tried not to pay that bill but had to as it was going to collections. I stopped using that medical office and started going to another but I learned to be more verbal/vigilent about what is being done in my regular medical office.

I try this with my WC visits as well tho it's difficult.. I'm not paying but I'm also not getting the level of care that was once available and this is due to the WC reform and how it's affected the care available/administered.