View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 01:02 PM

Am I dreaming!!??? Did I really just sleep through the night and wake up without feeling like I was going to die?? I do want to scream from the rooftops but I can't do that just yet, lol. I am no longer scared to breath, however.

My eyes no longer spontaneously lose focus on things. The dizziness and feeling of constant sea sickness is lessening each day. The abdominal pain that made it extremely difficult to stand up straight, eat, and lay down in anything other than the fetal position is gone. Muscles all over my body are starting to release, even down to my feet.

I always believed that my sympathetic nervous system was somehow being affected and I know now that I was right. I don't know if it was direct compression of nerves or if it was just the amount of pain that I was in, but it was definitely being affected. I can drink caffeine now. Since the pain began I could not even drink decaf drinks because the caffeine would cause too many symptoms.

It's so much easier to use my arms to do things like type, button shirts, etc. I had just about given up.

I plan on writing a very concise and direct list of symptoms that I had, symptoms that were relieved, and symptoms still present. Hopefully it may benefit someone.
VATS thoracic fusion @ T3-4 and T6-7 on 9/11/09
Fusion w/cage @ C7-T1 on 11/12/09