View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 03:46 AM

Default the pain

Jamie,
I am sorry to read about your increased pain or still terrible pain with sitting. This was a bigger or worst problem for me as well after my 2nd discectomy years ago as well as lower extremity bilat horrible burning pain that lasted far too long with out really good pain management mostly just because PM wasn't such a developed specialty back in the early '90's.

That being said I'm wondering if you're being treated by a PM with medications? It looks like you're getting some types of injections so I'm thinking you have seen or are seeing a PM.

Not so much so you can have something to help you sit because it just might be that your body isn't ready for that yet but rather to reduce the pain and therefore probably reduce the depression that's felt with a less than yet pain reducing surgery. I don't know if you're a candidate for a revision or if it's too early to be contemplating this as some people just have a longer turn around time with recovery over all and it makes for a really rough go of things tho ? not sure what your options are or what you'd be advised. Of course I'd imagine only expert surgeons that do revisions can give you advice on this.

I don't mean at all to minimize your pain or anything you are going thru but as you stated you're fortunate to be working for your father it appears rather than some heartless company with a bottom line only and have good friends/family/bf support so that's all good even if the pain is just rotten and not at all what you expected from this surgery.

Things can change~ there's that possibility re feeling better in the future so please just try not to sink completely into depression and if you are that deeply depressed (as in suicidal ideation) than please get immediate counseling or help with these feelings. If you're not taking any antidepressants you may find them very helpful for mood elevation.

Again, sorry to read what happened in your case and I'm wishing you the best. Please keep us posted.

Last edited by Maria; 12-13-2009 at 03:53 AM.