View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 01:31 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to jamie5136
Default Chairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
thanks for bringing that up.. it's what I meant re the Home Depot lounge type of chair that is zero gravity like and there are more like this and they're under $100. RE a standing chair.. no.. I just stood up at my desk and had a chair next to my desk that was on wheels and had an arm removed so I would often just shift positions and sort of support one knee on it while sort of standing and actually leaning forward towards my desk to open up my lumbar space or stretch. At least this is what it felt like I was doing.

When I applied for SSD I was only working part time. Mistake. Better to apply when you're working full time as you want as many work hours on there for the qualifying quarters (years?) that are used to compile this.

I was awarded SSD upon first application (I had a 20 plus year documented history of back probs thanks to WC's records) and then about my 6th month into SSD the place where I had left employment advised me to apply for LTD or long term disability and I qualified for that as well.

I lived with my husband but he wasn't supporting me at any time as I always had my income which was the stable income of the two prior to my applications to disability. I have lived alone for the last 5 years and support myself however my husband is kind enough to keep me on his medical insurance to date ( I do have Medicare tho his
BCBS is extremely helpful re dental and prescriptions).
Okay, here is that standing chair. If I could find one of these, I would be set: Health Postures Stance Chair

I see the Zero Gravity chairs and there are some for under 100.00, but some for like 1200.00 or more which are obviously padded and have more options.
PC-085 POWER BONDED LEATHER ZERO GRAVITY PERFECT CHAIR - eBay (item 370183400110 end time Dec-29-09 17:27:26 PST)

Do you work at all, or do you live off of SSI? I hear they give you nothing. I envision myself living in an efficiency with a futon eating cat food.