View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 08:08 AM

I also think the fact that you can stand and walk is good news!

I also like the standing chair. It is not available anymore? Thats a pity!

Before my surgery I could not stand and could not sit. After my surgery suddenly I could stand real good but still could not sit. To this very day in those countless office visits meetings I often refuse the chair and just stand which freaks so many people out, they are just not used to someone standing in a meeting! Before the surgery I had to lie on the floor and that of cause was even weirder. But now 2 years later I can sit much butter but I still take opportunities to not sit but stand instead.

I have the "antigrav" chair from Relax The Back. The electric version as I could never pull that lever and push the chair back. I got it before my first (lumbar) surgery and it turned out to not help me at all as it still is a sitting position even when driving it into the flat (antigrav) position I would still hurt and have all kind of problems in my feet. The angle of my legs to my body and still some pressure on something. I could only lie totally flat. So it sat in the corner. Now post lumbar surgery I have improved and I actually like this chair! I would highly suggest to try this chair (the electric one) and sit in it. Do you hurt? Then use the motor to move the chair into the elevated position. Do you still hurt? Is it the postion of your legs relative to your body or is it simply gravity pushing down when sitting that makes you hurt. If it is that I suggest you buy all the special chairs you can find and give it more time before having more procedures! It took me over a year before I started feeling comfortable to sit any length of time.

I also have the motorized office desk from them. Its very good. Years ago I found (at a garage sale) a kneeling chair which is somewhat close to a standing chair which I had rebuilt and then my wife made new pads for it and I still have that is the office. I use this occasionally. This one you sit on your knees and rest your but against a pad. I spend time on a gym ball to temporarely rest on putting the legs to the side like riding a horse.

Between the kneeling chair and the motorized desk I did much better in my own space then visiting other places where there are no options other then regular chairs.

Most importantly I have steadily improved over the course of 2 years. Give it more time. Try to find these chairs as you have a good chance of healing. Don't consider a revision unless you do find a real good reason in your search for the true origin of your pain.

I wish you the best!

Last edited by fuzzy; 12-14-2009 at 08:15 AM.