View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 10:56 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to jamie5136
Default Where is my pain?

That is the 64,000 question. I just did your test and felt the glutes stretch, but it actually felt good to stretch like that, so my guess is that it is not the piriformis muscle. I oddly enough found an illustration of a nude woman from behind, brought that into a design program and circled the pain and where it was radiating, but I have not heard back from Dr. B. So, the only way I can describe it is as follows: Image where the tushie crack starts and go up about 3-4 inches or so. That is the main source of pain. That radiates into my buttocks, but rarely, if ever, in my legs. So, when I sit or put any pressure on that part or just sitting, it burns like fire and aches. I end of having to adjust myself by putting one leg under the other and sitting on my legs throughout the day. Even laying in bed with my knees up hurts because this is putting direct pressure on that spot. Dr. Gill and one MRI nurse said, "This is your lower back." So, I assume this means L5-S1. I had this pain before, but this surgery made it much worse, so I have to conclude that I had a pre-existing condition and that the discs did not help the sitting pain; it only aggravated it and it is not getting better. Sometimes it "feels" as though it is my tailbone, or around that area, but x-rays show it is not broken, so Dr. Gill in Dallas said it was not my tailbone. So, I am lost. My thought is that because I grew about 1/2 inch or so that my spine elongated and is pinched or impinging or pressing some type of nerve or joint. Does that make sense. My father seems to think that it is inflammation, like osteo arthritis and that the elongating of my spine could have caused a stress fracture, making it worse; I don't know. Obviously the surgery made it worse. The opinons or guesses I get are plentiful. I am going to get an EMG test here soon. Maybe that will help. Oh, I found that Stance chair, but it is 500.00 just for shipping! I wish I could catch a break sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonrob View Post
Where exactly is your pain? Could it be piriformis syndrome?

Last edited by jamie5136; 12-15-2009 at 01:18 AM.