View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 01:40 PM

Default re as good as it gets

Nobody can say for sure what's going to happen if we have surgery altho they can say what will happen if we don't in terms of degenerative changes tho not even with regard to pain. The body does what it does. That's my take on it.

Hopefully if surgery is warrented and the surgeon thinks there's a good chance of repairing something or making it better that's the goal. Most of us want pain relief as that's when we decide it's time to do something or when we are tired of not functioning the way we think we should be.

Again~ do the best you can with your research and weigh your options and then choose as wisely as you think you're able.

I chose PM for a pretty long haul now because the post surgery pain I had was so truly horrific for so long post 2nd surgery and I've been much more functional than I was for a long long time. Medicated~ yes.. tho more stable with overall spinal stuff. At least for the present. If there were big changes and much more pain or dramatic pain that I couldn't control with the meds I would probably very much consider surgery. I definately am not closing my door to that option even if it is fusion.

Good luck. I know you're struggling with this decision altho I hope your consultations will give you good explanations that answer your questions.

Then do what you think is right or what you think you need to do. Oh yes editing to add I'd be interested to hear what your consultations have to say and if you've seen Dr.Dillon yet. Perhaps you told me and I've forgotten. So much Cinderella work here..

Last edited by Maria; 12-16-2009 at 01:42 PM.