View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 02:56 PM

Default Post surgery recovery

Everyone's recovery path is different, often depending on your condition pre-surgery. I had 3level lumber with Dr. B in Straubing 10/06. I felt good after the surgery but really my recovery continued for about 2 years. I tried the traditional anti-depressants for pain but they made me too sleepy. Finally, a friend suggested Wellbutrin, which isn't one they normally use. However, I felt better immediately. The pain was still there but it went from the front of my consiousness to the back, a little hard to describe. It also gave much more energy, which let me get more active, which helped my recovery. I didn't realize that I actually was depressed until after I started this drug. My outlook on life has improved dramatically and I have come to accept that this is my life. I made a decision not to return to work because I have limitation in how long I can sit or stand, but this is still improving. I still need PT but only about 1 x a week. I still think that my life will continue to get better, so don't give up but work at your recovery.