View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 12:08 AM
Administrator

I forgot to post... the help I want from the patient community is... I want to connect with patients who've suffered the worst of the worst of abuse by the system. Have you been told that you have to stop meds and go to boot camp in spite of the fact that you've got hard clinical data demonstrating severe pathology? Have you been scheduled for appointment for appointment and then have them cancelled on short notice? Have you had your funds cut off from your disability insurance company and they confess to a clerical error but it still takes 8 months to get it turned back on and meanwhile you lose your house? Did WC cash you out and you found yourself, after a WC injury, unemployable, uninsurable, unable to get SSD and basically fallen through the cracks unable to get appropriate medical care and have no options?

Did you have your doctor tell you that you were going to be is first or second time using a brand new device, but it's no big deal; only to discover that it is a very big deal and for many reasons, your life may have been ruined for lack of informed consent?

I want to talk to these people! I go to surgeon's conferences and hear presentations about research on patient abuse. This research gives the WC, legal and insurance industry political cover to deny needed treatment to people who really need it. I'd like to demonstrate that even worse than the patient abuse is the abuse by the system.

If you know these folks... send them to me. you can send email to the info address on iSpine or GPN websites.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org