View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 01:30 AM

As far as playing the system for reimbursement. One of the ADR docs in the US I consulted with said that because there was not an insurance code or ICD-9 code for ADR that he would code it as an "intra - dynamic spacer" - in an attempt to receive reimbursement that way.

As far as clinical trial "oversights" - It seemed that here in the US, my case kept getting pushed back further and further on the waiting list. Waited on the list for 1 1/2 years before just giving up and going to Europe.

I never took my name off their list - and they never called me to set up surgery even after 2 surgical consults and discogram plus MRI's and all of the diagnostics proving the pathology AND being told that I was a candidate. I think that was 4 years ago...Hummm.... ( I won't mention names online )

Another issue as far as reimbursement....those of us that do have the financial resources to pay out of pocket (some of selling homes, cars, taking out loans, or charging up credit cards & etc to get lives back)- There needs to be more transparency as far as the price / costs associated with going through such a procedure. Granted, any complications can set one back more $$$ - but if the surgical clinics in Europe can give some sort of ball park estimate - why can't we???

Still trying to brainstorm some thoughts here.