View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 01:06 PM

Default 7 months post op - checking in...

Well, HELLO everybody! I know it's been a while since I've been on the forum, but life after surgery has returned "Life" back to "Normal"! I was laid off from my job right after returning from Europe for my surgery, so I spent almost 6 months at home with the family, and BOY did they keep me busy! Who knew that these kids would actually enjoy having me home so much? We went to the beach a lot, Hubby and I did a lot of saltwater fishing and of course, I got plenty of rest. Now I'm back at work (have been for almost a month) and I haven't felt this good in YEARS! I've quit smoking, I'm in the gym 4-5 times per week and except for the occasional ache or pain in the hips, which I've always had, I consider myself pain-free. I am still on an anti-inflammatory, but have been off all narcotics since about three weeks after the surgery. If I try to see if I can get off the anti-inflammatory for a few days, I do have some sciatic-like pain in my hips, but it's not the same as before the surgery. I think that this will heal over time, and as my body adjusts to the new routine of working and working-out again. All in all, I'd do this again in a heartbeat...in fact, if I'd have known I was going to do this well, I'd have done it much sooner.

MRI 4/2008 shows bulging disc with annular tear @ 4/L5 and and complete herniation at L5/S1.

9/11/08 Laminectomy , successful to a point...relieved nerve pain, but after 4 months was still having severe disc pain.

Treatments tried: epidural shots, oral pain killers, NSAID's, TENS massage, chiropractic care, deep tissue massage. Oh, and plenty of our homemade wine!

May 26 2009, 2 level ADR, L4-S1, Dr. Bertagnoli, Straubing, Germany