View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 04:57 PM

That's fabulous, Jim. I'm very happy for you, and quite understand the wonderful feeling of being newly married. Except with us, it's been six year, but still feeling like one My husband was almost fifty, and like you, it was his first as well. I had a bit more practice

I am a member of another forum, horse related, and a member started a thread yesterday asking if everyone was truly happy. Unfortunately, despite a very comfortable life style, she was not.

I was very relieved to realize that I could say YES, that I am very happy, and content...two different emotions, I think. Even with five levels of my spine needing replacing, even with great pain some days and being on even greater amounts of narcotics on a regular basis, I can honestly say that I am happy.

And I can say it with great knowledge, as I had earlier spent almost twenty years being very UNhappy (in that first marriage). That was before all the physical pain too. Which goes to show that mental anguish can easily overpower physical pain. It was an interesting thread. Perhaps we can start a new one here on the same vein. Not meaning to hijack yours of course...I'm very glad that you are able to express such joy in your life. Sometimes we forget how fleeting it can be.

Edited to add that you are truly blessed. Thanks for sharing.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.

Last edited by Katie; 01-03-2010 at 04:59 PM.