View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 10:55 PM

Default Let's Talk

Jamie,

I would like to talk. When it comes to sharing not so positive stuff I'm pretty private - probaly too much so. Will you send me a number where I can call you using the private message function? I'll call but probably not right away. I'm pretty overwhelmed.

My X-rays look good. No sinking or slidiing. I had vertoboplasty at all 3 levels even though my bone scan was normal. Dr. B got in there and thought I needed it. I've had neuropathies on and off in different places for years but they have always resolved with rest and strength training. I just now can contract my abdomin without making the burning go through the roof. I guess that is progress.

I think your situation requires attention in a way mine does not. I have contacted Dr. FM and got the same advice as from my surgeon here - rest, pain management, time to heal. My sugeon here said he has seen a few anterior patients have nerve irritation post surgery. My surgeon here has done about 40 single level ADR's and has trained with Dr. B so he has some pretty good knowledge although he has never followed a 3 level ADR before.

I do think we share the same feelings of hopelessness and fear. I tend to isolate when things are not going well so beyond a few close friends I have let my social network shrink. It's hard for folks to get it when you can move around fine yet you are talking about being in pain. For me - I just don't want to go anywhere or explain anything or sit there and hurt and pretend to follow the conversation etc. I feel like that sounds so awful but it's how I feel.

I agree with the person who posted about wellbutrin. It's used in patients who don't do well on regular anti-depressants like prozac or cymbalta. It doesen't seem to give folks that bouncing off the wall feelling. I take it with a small amount of zoloft and anti-anxiety meds and that works well for me. Maybe you could tolerate the wellbutrin.

It's good to talk. Take care, Katherine
ARD S1-L3 prodisc age 42
Dr. Bertagnoli 5/19/09