View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 11:32 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to jamie5136
Default I will IM You.

Wow, Dr. B did the cement at all three levels. Wish he did that for me.... Had he done that, I would not be in this position. Maybe he is doing this for all patients now after so many people have had subsidence (I know of three so far) and he does not want to risk it... too late for me.

Yes, I isolate and people don't get it... I just want to curl up in a ball and sleep and sleep and sleep... but, I don't sleep w/out pills, so I have to stay up and worry about my pain and my anger.

Again, I am not a doctor, but honestly, I think that if your discs are in place and you have no issues with the structure, you will eventually heal; it takes time. It has only been 7 months and honestly, I have heard it can take over one year. So, my thought is to follow the doctor's advice.

Interesting to know he did the 3 level vertoplasty on you... guess he learned his lesson there. I hear some doctors do that in ALL cases... I will IM you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine234 View Post
Jamie,

I would like to talk. When it comes to sharing not so positive stuff I'm pretty private - probaly too much so. Will you send me a number where I can call you using the private message function? I'll call but probably not right away. I'm pretty overwhelmed.

My X-rays look good. No sinking or slidiing. I had vertoboplasty at all 3 levels even though my bone scan was normal. Dr. B got in there and thought I needed it. I've had neuropathies on and off in different places for years but they have always resolved with rest and strength training. I just now can contract my abdomin without making the burning go through the roof. I guess that is progress.

I think your situation requires attention in a way mine does not. I have contacted Dr. FM and got the same advice as from my surgeon here - rest, pain management, time to heal. My sugeon here said he has seen a few anterior patients have nerve irritation post surgery. My surgeon here has done about 40 single level ADR's and has trained with Dr. B so he has some pretty good knowledge although he has never followed a 3 level ADR before.

I do think we share the same feelings of hopelessness and fear. I tend to isolate when things are not going well so beyond a few close friends I have let my social network shrink. It's hard for folks to get it when you can move around fine yet you are talking about being in pain. For me - I just don't want to go anywhere or explain anything or sit there and hurt and pretend to follow the conversation etc. I feel like that sounds so awful but it's how I feel.

I agree with the person who posted about wellbutrin. It's used in patients who don't do well on regular anti-depressants like prozac or cymbalta. It doesen't seem to give folks that bouncing off the wall feelling. I take it with a small amount of zoloft and anti-anxiety meds and that works well for me. Maybe you could tolerate the wellbutrin.

It's good to talk. Take care, Katherine