View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 04:28 AM

Default Emotional Aspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dridobits View Post
Katherine and Jamie, I so understand the emotional aspect of what you guys are going through. I didn't have ADR but fusion and the thought of going back to work at 3-4 months astounds me. I know ADR and fusion are not the same obviously but these are both major surgeries.

Seven months is still a matter of months and it seems things can take a long time to heal.

Please hang in there, your still recovering. I'm impressed your working!!!
The emotional aspect is so hard. I'm wondering if I did the right thing, if my actions have somehow brought the burning on, or if I can continue to work at the level I did before the surgery. The angst is hugh and it makes it hard to concentrate on much of anything, work or otherwise. The emotional part - sometimes I feel better physically and therefore emotionally and vice versa is hard for my family (and others) to understand. I really am scared I won't be able to keep up at work or if I am the cost will be so high it won't be worth it. I don't really want to go on disability but in some ways it would be a hugh relief. Thanks for your support
ARD S1-L3 prodisc age 42
Dr. Bertagnoli 5/19/09