View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 02:39 PM

Default charite survivor

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear what brought you here.

I'm a double discectomy old time spiney with failed back as my "regal diagnosis" as well as some other things that contribute to a generally degenerated spine! Failed back surgeries~ yep.. whatta pain!

I too have found walking to be my salvation altho it took me a long while to be able to feel good enough to really walk alot and then about a year ago or so I suffered something called "posterior tibial tendonitis" and plantar fascitis and man that stuff is nasty re foot pain and trying to recover from it ..

I thought it pretty much under control until my father recently went into the hospital since the 25th and I've been there 6 hours/day on my feet mostly which has ruined them again tho saved my back from torture as sitting too much is something the low back doesn't tolerate well tho better since the autofusion of L5S1 (just taking years and years and years to finally fuse on it's own).

Ok this has nothing to do with ADRS tho just sharing some of my own stuff. I was advised to have more spine surgery numerous times from 3 level global fusion to 2 level ADR to hybrid surgery with ADR and fusion and I have just been too too chicken to do anything else to date since my failed L4 percutaneous discectomy back in '92. You have no idea how often I had wished I never had that surgery done or that technique for the surgery tho hindsight is 20/20 like they say!

I hope you will be able to continue to progress w/o more surgical intervention and it does sound like the fusion has been helpful as you're able to walk and work (I haven't worked for nearly 10 years now).

Wishing you the best~ Maria