View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 11:31 PM

Cool Why, Why, Why, Why?

Hello Everyone!!!

I don't know how to get this through my doctors head.

I had a L5 Laminectomy & bilateral foraminotomies at the L4-5 & L5-S1 levels, ithey also found conjoined nerve roots at both levels as well that they seperated (whatever that means, I have still never really been informed with what that was) November 2004. I am not going to go too deep into the history or you will be reading this FOREVER!!!!

Most recently I have been having right sided pain, that makes my leg feel stiff, and causes muscle spasms in my leg ( I think thats what it is??)

I went to my doctor the other day to tell him that I needed something more for the pain and spasms and as well how the leg likes to give out, and when I drive or sit for too long my leg will go numb, and the stiffness seems to get worse. He has put me on Neurontin, I am up to 2700mg daily, and it is not making a difference....

My doctor told me he is not comfortable with giving me more narcotics, and that I have to learn how to deal/manage with my pain.....then I lost it and told him that I think I deal pretty well considering, that I have 4 kids to deal with everyday.....blah, blah, blah..

So after a long discussion, he decided that ok he will increase my pain meds.....then I had asked him what I was suppose to do about all the "new" and weird (to me) symptoms I have been having with my right leg..He said that the meds should help with the pain. But then I told him that wasn't what I was talking about, and it was the part that my leg goes numb when I sit for too long, which makes it EXTREMELY difficult to drive. The stiffness, and the pain along with the fact that the leg like to give out from under me.....etc. He told me he thinks the right leg problem is from my antaligicgait?

I don't know what to do about all this....ANY HELP/ADVICE/INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Thank you for reading my NOVEL!!!

Janene