View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 11:50 PM

Unhappy

So how much anesthetic should be used? I blew through everything that was used on me last August on a three level discogram. Plus he did an extra three when trying a new procedure, using Methylene Blue dye in the same discs to try and eliminate the pain. It was a procedure he learned about at a conference in London, UK this spring.

I just about passed out from the pain. None of the doctors involved had this happen before. They said they had used a cocktail of drugs to sedate me, I assume enough to try to keep me comfortable, but able to speak. It failed miserably. But I definitely had three positive discs.

Apparently he has used it successfully in numerous other patients...I was just a loser all the way round.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.