View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 12:50 AM
Administrator

Janene, I 'm working with a client who has similar issues... I'll know much more in a week or so. I've had other clients with similar issues that have been discovered to be related to pathology away from the spine... classic sciatica symptoms but due to a variety of malformations, injuries or other pathology in the hip / glute / piriformis / hamstring area. Again... very similar to what you describe.

However, if you are dismissed as so many spine patients are (especially women), without the benefit of serious consideration of the new symptoms... your medical team may be overlooking something very real and fixable.

Another issue is that many spine surgeons are taught that such issues are so rare that they hardly even beleive they exist and will not give them serious consideration.

Keep in mind that I'm not suggesting anything about what you have or may not have. I'm just saying that you need to be taken seriously and be evaluated by someone who will consider something other than: "you're done'... no more options."

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org