View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 10:24 PM

Default My doc says no way re: discography

Prior to my cervical ADR surgery, a PM dr. I was seeing suggested I should have a discography. My surgeon (Dr. Chapman UWMC) was VERY opposed to the idea. When I told the PM dr. that my surgeon didn't want me to have a discography, the PM dr. told me that surgery was Chapman's specialty but discography (and other injections) were his specialty. He went on to say that he wouldn't tell Chapman how to perform surgery and Chapman shouldn't tell him.......

Anyway....my point is only that there is obvioulsy a lot of controversy about the procedure.

I went with the advice of my surgeon and everything turned out fine. However....lots of people have had the procedure and were happy they did. Everyone has to educate themselves as best they can...or find a professional they trust and listen to him/her.

melody
1975-scoliosis surgery,Harrington Rods, fused T2 to L4
Felt great in 20's and 30's....late 30's started having chronic neck and lower back pain. By 40 pain worsened enough to begin seeking surgical solutions.

ADR surgery much easier recovery than fusion!
This site has been a great source of information for me! I would be happy to help anyone who has questions.