View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 10:33 AM

Default Amitriptyline need an alternative!

Hi I havent posted for a long time because my neck pain is gone (or it was when on Amitriptyline). I developed Interstitial Cystitis which I am convinced was due to the differing and large amounts of pain killers including Lycrica I was taking for my neck pain. I was still in alot of neck pain 6 moths post 2 level ADR surgery when I was prescibed Amitriptyline for my bladder. It in fact stopped the neck pain! Now I have recently had a catherter based treatment it flared up the bladder and I am now reacting very baldy to Ami when I am totally reliant on it for my neck pain. Any ideas on either how I can reduce the irritation in my bladder from it ar an alternative? to Ami? thanks Mazzie
Diagnosed mild disc dehydration L4/5L5S1 and facet dengeneration L5S1 Facet Cyst L5S1 ADR Active C C5/6C6/7 Sept 08 reduction in pain gradually by 50-60% Buttock and heel pain remain . Meds Pregablin, Tramadol, Co Codymol, Voltarol
Retunred to work Jan 09