View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 06:56 PM

Default access

For medical mj is very good where I live (downtown city area) and I would be an ideal candidate I'm sure considering I have backpain, neck pain, and migraines plus whatever else pops up here and there. Many people that I meet walking the dog in my neighborhood when chatting away about health probs reveal they are using medical mj. It surprises me at the number of persons that are utilizing and the ages (much younger than myself). This area has a high number of gay persons and seems many use for the symptoms with associated with full blown AIDs/HIV.

So far I've not needed to "go there" either however I do find it interesting that there are so many strains now and supposedly designed to help with various symptoms/conditions.

I don't think my PM would support the use of medical mj while on the opioid medication yet I've not never spoken with him about it. The office is very conservative (Scripps Mercy San Diego) and don't even want him to prescribe Suboxone for fear there will be persons coming into their very nice office in various stages of withdrawls. This being said I think that someone coming into this particular office smelling of mj would probably be frowned upon even if it is being utilized as an adjunct medication to help alleviate pain or other symptoms of various conditions.

The only reason I don't even inquire re use of medical mj with my PM is that I don't want to plant any seeds of suspicion just in case I'm right about the level of conservatism in this office as I now have a good working rapport with my PM.