View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 11:10 PM

Default we do rock..

thanks Mark! Some people put nurses down because they think we are inferior in mental capacity however it's usually the love for what we do that propels us in this career and basically the desire be an advocate for the people that we take care of or assist in some manner.

Even tho I hurt my back working in this career I still am very glad I chose to go into nursing. I walk into hospitals and immediately feel the connection as tho it's where I belong ~ or a clinic, an emergency room or urgent care center or doctor's office.

The opportunity to be an advocate for friends, family and even neighbors is like a gift I was given and I'm very thankful that if I can't do anything else the education and work experience I have at least I can still function in this capacity when necessary.

I read a very good article in an Arthritis magazine today in my doctors office re levels of advocacy and while there is much more that could be discussed both you and I know the real motivating factor in advocacy is wanting to help the person (patient) to get the best care possible for the best possible outcome.

Nurses do rock~ and so do you. Thanks for all your help too