View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 04:34 AM

Hi there

I'm new to this particular board, but certainly not so to back pain and associated surgeries/procedures.

My worst pain is also upon sitting and it is just so frustrating and depressing. I don't know that mine has the intensity of yours, but when you struggle to ride in a car etc it limits your life so much. I do not work, and certainly could not manage out of home work. My sitting limit is about 20 - 30 mins, then I struggle to bear it.

What I really wanted to say though, is, has the suggestion been made that it is the vertebrae themselves hurting so much by having the ADR press in so hard when you sit?

The reason I suggest this is because, before my first fusion, I had complete degeneration of the disc at one level, and due to the vertebrae rubbing back and forth across one another, I had developed swelling in the vertabrae, known as Modic changes. This was extremely painful.

Additionally, when a bone is fractured, it is painful. Anyone who's had bone grafted from their hip for use in spinal fusion knows at times it can hurt worse than the fusion itself.

Bone hurts. Just my opinion but I'd be getting that thing out and going for a fusion if it ends up being deemed necessary.

Wishing you the best.