View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 07:53 PM

Angry

Thank you so much for this information. I had ADR surgery March 2009 at C5-C6. I had tried physical therapy as well as 3 blocks...all unsuccessful for a herniated disc. I had experienced pain in my neck and shoulder blade as well as down my arm. They told me this was all due to the herniated disc. The numbness in my hand and pain in my arm vanished immediately after surgery. However, the pain in my neck and shoulder blade has never subsided and has, over the last year, increased so significantly that I feel worse off than when I began. Since my surgery was done out of the country I have not been able to talk to well informed doctors. The last visit I had, we noticed that my ability to move my neck (specifically upwards) has diminished greatly. The doctor believes that I have Facet Syndrome. He also believes that I had this prior to having the ADR surgery, but the symptoms were overlooked.
My question, I guess, since this seems to happen to others as well, is what do I do now. I am allergic to pain killers, so I have had to take days off work so that I can lay down and wear a neck brace, but even that does not stop the muscle spasms.
Has there been any research that you've found about what my options are?