View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 05:37 PM

Default Hi Grant

Welcome to the forum!
I met Dr.Coufal back in 2006 when the State of CA.appointed him to be my 2nd surgical opinion thru WC and Mark accompanied me to this super important visit re WC.

I too thought Dr.Coufal really nice and very thorough. Mark hit it off with him and I actually feel like this appointment totally went in my favor and largely thanks to Mark ~ and this was really one of the most important recent WC decisions that could be made for me.

While the decision rendered was for a hybrid surgery with fusion at L5S1 and ADR at L4 I was hesitant as I had suffered a failed surgery back in '92 that left me much much worse than I was before the surgery so I've long been scared off of more surgery.

However in the hands of a most excellent surgeon and I do believe that Dr.Coufal is one of them perhaps I might have had a very good chance at excellence with surgery/recovery.

Well, I still have time for more surgeries if the spine still warrents it.. so never say never.

Back to you~ wishing you the absolute best with recovery and take it slow and steady as mentioned and bombs away!!! Hope you do wonderfully!!!