View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 01:37 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to jamie5136
Default Yes, Mark has been great!

I guess after a few failed stories about Regan and his bad rating on all the rate md sites, I fear him, but all the doctors that are alternatives, trained under Regan, so yes, that does say something. It is just that I have a few friends who had surgery by him with bad luck and I hate to hear that... now granted, what they had done is different than what I need, but still a failure is a failure... and yes, I hear he can be untruthful and disrespectful, but again, I have never spoken to him, but I am going to California soon to visit about 3-4 doctors about removal. Yes, leaving in does not sound good to me. I can't envision a full fusion taking place around a subsided discs.... I will probably see Regan as well... might as well if I am in Cally. I wish TBI could remove and fuse, but they don't like failed patients from over-seas... they are five minutes away. I also hope I have no insurance issues. My three level Germany trip left me broke and of course now with massive back pain and leg pain.... argghhhh... Yes, Mark is trying to help and is being patient, which I appreciate.. I am not an easy one to deal with all the time. I ask alot of questions....but, IMHO, you can't ask too many. I did not ask enough before Germany. I should have. Thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshobbies View Post
Jamie,

I'm really sorry for your circumstances. While I have no experience with revision surgery post ADR, my own little voice says to remove the disc before fusing. I know nothing about Dr. Leary but Dr. Regan has excellent hands and experience, which is what you need. You're not looking for a friend so any 'reputation' you might have heard about should not be too much of a consideration. We all want a doctor to pat our knee saying everything will be just fine but given a choice between expertise or that pat on the knee, choose expertise.

Again, Mark can help you with a consultation with Dr. R is you decide to go that route.

Good luck, Dale