View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 02:50 AM

Isn't it great we live in a country with so much technology and we can't even use it! Is it cheaper to let patients suffer for years an years and pay for continual treatment and more surgery down the line or to offer a solution to the problem and fix it?

Insurance companies are really backasswards (yeah that's a word) in their approach to "helping" patients. I worked for a very large Health Insurance company for a couple of years. I can only tell you that those squeaky wheels seem to get taken care of... to the point where you may benefit from picking up the phone and calling the claims manager/VP every single day. jAnd yes I do mean every single day. Twice a day if necessary. I've seen this work over and over. They get so sick of dealing with you that take some kind of action. It it's an action you don't like you just keep moving up the chain - which is tough because the higher you go the more isolated they are from the General Public. Sounds like a crazy approach... but it can work.

If you have to take a legal route and you can afford to do so - do it! Not until the insured start standing up for better medical care will the system change. To the insurance company you are nothing more than a number. You need to put your face in front of these people. There needs to be media attention to these cases.

Are the Germans so far ahead of us technologically? Perhaps? Perhaps not, but they certainly do seem to care about their citizens a whole lot more.