View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 01:34 AM

Default Leg is killing me.

Well I got some problems figured out. You just need the right tools for the job. I am using miralax in my coffee and some mineral oil periodically and the senakot at night. More of all if needed, I went overboard and spent a little more time on the toilet than I think my back liked.

I am really hurting in my right leg. Friday I might have walked too far. Then spent a lot of time in that bathroom. I also think that the chair that I am spending my days in is not helping either. So I am laying down watching tv and playing a lot of video games. It is hard not to get the thoughts that this is going to get worse and that this pain is not going to stop. I am hoping that some of yall could tell me that yes nerve pain at two weeks is normal and that it can fade and just be aggravated nerves. I am really bad about mentally dooming myself cause this nerve pain is bad. I think that the back pain is on pace as far as how my first surgery to this one felt. The area inside feels a little stiffer than the first time but the muscle around and up to the skin is much better than the first go around. Mark and the rest of the surgeons all have agreed that the first surgeon made a huge incision 6-7" and that is what left me so friggin stiff the first go around. If I didn't have this nerve pain I would be peaches. I have an appointment with Dr.Coufal on Wednesday so I can ask him some questions. I really thought that I was doing good but at almost two weeks out nerve pain popping up is spooking me.

I am so thankful that I have a girlfriend that is understanding and that I have family that is taking absolutely wonderful care of me. The bittersweet part of this is I like doing things myself and that I like being the thoughtful and useful person. I feel really lazy and that is the worst feeling to me.

I am still going to win on this one it just feels really dark right now

Thank yall for all the suggestions and helping me win the BM battle!

Last edited by grantwb1; 10-13-2010 at 03:41 PM.