View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 07:14 AM

Default re ProDisc L4/5

Greg,

You have been through the ringer.
I believe you should trust your instincts when it comes to your health. So if you feel something is wrong that the doctors are missing, you are probably right.
I knew when I felt pain after I had been feeling pretty good after my surgery that something was terribly wrong. I hoped I was wrong.
I told the doctors that I thought something was wrong at the L5/S1 level but they told me they had to rule out a number of things. So I went along with that because I really did not have a choice not to and I was hoping and hoping I was wrong and I was going to be OK.
That was not the case unfortunately.
I am sure someone on here will know doctors in Kentucky. As you have been to a few doctors, you know that they seldom agree when it comes to the spine.
I know it is difficult to sleep. Without medications, I don't know how I could even function. I have been trying to make it a point to get to bed earlier, but some nights the pain is bugging me too much and I stay up.
I know it is difficult on a family to have a spouse in so much pain. My relationship with my husband is hurt by my difficulties with my back and the pain. It is difficult but we realize that hopefully this is just a bad part of the good and bad and it will be over soon, we hope. My kids and husband have had to learn how to live with a person in chronic pain.
Maybe you can get a pain doc who will get your pain under better control.
Family support is helpful and I hope your move to Kentucky is helpful.
I think you will find a lot of supportive people on here and soon others will be chiming in.

R