View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 12:01 AM

Default pain 24/7/365

Runner,

It seems that the effects our pain has on our close family members is a common issue most of us share. I know first hand the stress and heartache that my wife and children have been through as a direct result of the chronic that came with my horrible injury. My children are so young that they just do not know how to cope or deal with "new" daddy that this cronic pain has created. Three of my four children are old enough that they all remember the time I spent with them running at the park, playing ball with them, going on nature walks, and all the other fun things that an active and athletic enjoys with his kids. I have tried to be creative and find other ways to spend quality time with them but I am constantly reminded of the things we used to do that I cannot do any more. It just breaks my heart but I can just hope that they will grow up knowing they were loved by BOTH of their parents and that even though dad was not able to do all the things kids like to do that I gave them every ounce of love that could ever be imagined. URGGGG...it just breaks my heart!
I have been through so much with all the procedures, surgeries, etc that seem to fail, not work at all, or give me a false sence of hope before I go right back into the horrible cycle of pain 24/7/365. I just cannot see any light at the end of this tunnel anymore. It makes you a stronger person but I could think of a thousand different ways to become a stronger person.

Take Care,
Greg