View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 12:07 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to jamie5136
Default I agree with you

Yes, my case is complex and the pain in my legs is worsening....heavy legs... I just want the disc out and Regan could do it, but yes, finances could be an issue and Dr. B already took my life savings, so we will see. I called Dr. Coufal, but he would fuse the disc in and I am not sure about that. They seem nice though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantwb1 View Post
I think what needs to be said is that some surgeons are in it for their record and when they see something that they could fail on they find a way out of it cause they do not want a failure on their record. Spine surgery is already tough odds. Then there are surgeons that don't care about their record and really want to help and look at it as a challenge and truly are trying to help the patient. Where this is just two scenarios of possibly millions of personality types of surgeons my point is in my dealings with and my knowledge of Regan (he was going to do my surgery until a major financial change at the last second) is that he has and will deal with these really complex spinal surgeries. I researched him a lot. He also has a ton of experience dealing with all different types of devices and situations.

I really wish the best for you Jamie, I just had my second spine surgery with hardware removal and fusion. I spent a year here in southern California seeing a bunch of the really big name surgeons before choosing Dr. Coufal so if you have any questions you would like to ask fire away via PM or this post.