View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Abuses/Insurance

I've got to wonder from that period of Oct 2005 until the recent authorization for surgery I just received, the costs alone of sending the requests for authorization for surgery thru Utilization Review and getting the numbers of non certs (denials) that I did over that 2 year period of time.

It wasn't like any of the surgeons were saying anything different re treatment or that any of the diagnostics could be misinterpreted, or that my history had changed over the last 20 years even.

I think with the Reform striving for cost containment it would be better not to linger so long over cases that are pretty much slam dunk in terms of what is proposed as treatment as that alone must be costly in terms of UR and reviews to deny for many times only to approve at later (in my case 2 years later) date.

And it's abuse to have someone have to wait that long and go thru all the WC roller coaster and then sit there and say that their goal is to return people to useful/gainful employment. If that's so, why drag out the obvious cases so long (others not just my own).

Some people are not as tenacious as myself or have the means to be so~ I was just fortunate in this manner.