View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 08:02 PM

Default WC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Mark,

I had my sx in November 2004, after a work-related injury, at that point I was doing well returned back to work in April 2005. In July 2005, while at work I had what the WC calls a "recurrance" I was lifting a pile of charts and BAM!!! Down to the floor I went in pain.

WC re-opened my claim, I had PT, ESI shots (the last one causing a 1-week stay in hospital, 2 blood patches, because a Resident by mistake caused a CSF leak.) etc...etc... then finally WC decided that they were going to send me for pain management in a 4-week in-stay program, away from my husband and children. If I didn not participate in this program then they would stop my payments and I would have to return back to work right away. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and went to the Orientation & Assessment for the PMP.

In April of last year my husband left me and my kids, explaining that this was all too much for him to handle and that he can't take seeing me so miserable and depressed and upset all the time. It was then that I called my Adujicator to explain to him my present situation and ask him if there was anyway that they could offer me transportation to and from the PMP daily, as I am not able to drive 50 mins there and back everyday for 4-weeks, but will not be able to stay over because I have no definate care for my 4 small children.

I never heard anything back from him. Then 2-weeks before the date of my start, I called him again and left a message as to what was going on, and he called me back explaining that because I am not participating in the programs that WSIB has offered, I am no longer going to be receiving LOE benefits. I have been cut off since June 2006.

I had my NEL (Non-Economic Loss) assessment. And was awarded a certain percentage of disability..etc..etc..etc..

So they sent me as well as my doctor outlining WHY I was being cut off of my benefits, and told that I should be back at work, there is NO reason for me to be off of work.

So, when I went to my doctor (GP) who might I add has NOT given me the okay to return to work, he told me to find a lawyer and aloow them to appeal the decision. Okay, so I did that.

It has still been 8 mths, NO MONEY, I had to go on to Social Assistance, to help me pay my bills, disability told me I had to sell my car if I wanted to get disability benefits. Which I explained to them as well as my lawyer. So the years before my WORK-RELATED accident that I worked my butt off paying for my bills, providing for my family and for myself, etc..etc.. I am just suppose to throw all those years of hard work away???

I am still fighting with WSIB (Cananda), now Social Assistance has told me that because of the amount of "support" I should be getting from my ex-husband, they can no longer give me the financial help I require, because my "gross" amount is over what thier "quota" or whatever is.. Too bad my ex isn't able to pay me what he needs to because he has to live too.

So it is getting from BAD to WORSE.......and I still have my GP telling me there is NO WAY I am able to return to work......So where do I go now?

I hope this wasn't too long.........

Janene