View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 08:23 PM

Default 9 Months Post XLIF fusion of L4-L5 - MAGIC!

When I researched this procedure prior to getting it I would find stories of negative experiences outnumbering positive ones 20-1. That was very frustrating, but my back pain had become so suddenly debilitating that there was no time to worry about the complications. Something had to be done. EVERY procedure that can be done has the risk of complications or even total failure, so that could not make my mind up for me.

On June 10th I went in. On June 11th, 2009 I began my recovery from home. In the third week of Februrary, 2010 I was able to go snowboarding with my friends for the first time in a decade. Back pain had kept me from participating in this yearly reunion of hometown friends. I boarded for 4 days straight with plenty of full body crashes and no trouble with all the crouching and bending it takes to get down all those hills on a board. I was the only one on that trip that didn't feel pain!

That's the short version of my story. The important thing I wanted to do here was let everybody know that it can work for you and answer any questions that come up. This time last year I couldn't bend over and drink from the water fountain. Now, I can do EVERYTHING I could do before. I gave up nearly 7 years avoiding the inevitable surgery and dealing with pain. I hope that somebody reads this and takes what I say as motivation to end their pain.