Thread: Im new
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 12:02 PM

Default re small herniated C5/6

Hi Anthony and Welcome
I've had mostly lumbar probs for years plus a couple of surgeries and then later on developed a small disc bulge at the same area as you have. The worse thing that happened to me was that one day I couldn't move my head at all w/o terrible pain and could only look around with my eyes.. at that point I tried the "wait and see" type of therapy but after a few weeks my range of motion was still limited so went to the Urgent Care doc and had a shot of Toradol to loosen up muscle spasms and then saw my OSS for imagining (MRI) again.

Basically I had to ride it out as the disc bulge isn't big enough to do anything tho I do notice that when I try to do exercises that involve my arms and that aggravate C5/6 then I'll get a recurrence of pain/symptoms. Also if I talk with my phone crammed between my ear, chin, and shoulder while I shop or do any multi-tasking (also brings on a migraine).

If you know you have a small bulge I'm guessing you've had diagnostics at that level like MRI. What has your doctor recommended (orthopedic or neurosurgeon ) re relief or other?