View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 12:24 PM

Default uh oh...

Kajari,
Having had a failed surgery that yielded miserable and even horriblly painful results for years afterwards (5) I can relate to where your head is at right now even if my results were nowhere as bad as yours.

I don't think you will get answers from your surgeon.. I'm not sure he can tell you why he did the permanent implant vs. trial except that he made a mistake. Just reading about touching that thoracic area makes me think there could be or would be swelling and spasms and involement around spinal nerves at involved levels perhaps other things that could be causing that banding feeling...

Make sure you have the best opinions available to you and best PM you can find to help you thru this and take it second by second and minute by minute in terms of the pain and getting thru. Don't beat yourself up because you went in for a trial and came out with something you didn't expect so even tho you put yourself there you did not get what you expected.

I don't know whether you should consult with an attorney or not altho I wouldn't rule that out either re obtaining medical records and the surgeons actions. Then again I'm not sure what the consent stated re the trial such as if the surgeon was given permission to do further work based on findings once he went in....

Any which way I feel your pain and emotional status and really wish you the absolute best with your ongoing recovery from all this. Hang in there and vent away.

Last edited by Maria; 04-09-2010 at 12:36 PM.