Thread: Im new
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 10:10 AM

Default my cervical spine

Anthony,
I have long had lumbar spine problems and had to deal with them altho I must admit when my neck goes out I have to get it right or else it's misery with the pain and for me usually a migraine as well (not always but often). Like last night I was going to reply to your post but was slouching with my laptop on my lap while on the sofa and my neck was just killing me and then my head started to kill so had to take my migraine meds and knock out for the night.

Toradol 60mg IM is great for my muscle spasms for both neck and lumbar area altho that's a once in awhile treatment. Other than that I have to rest with the proper cervical pillows and meds to ward off the pain/spasms.

You might want to try and contact Mark Mintzer to see if he can hook you up with an excellent doctor in terms of checking you out further. Many of us here have utilized Mark's services and been quite pleased for the assistance.

I wouldn't know whether you need surgery or you don't tho I do know that suffering like you are deserves some intervention that is helpful in alleviating pain and symptoms if possible and allowing for maximum function if and when possible.

Bulges, herniations, protrusions and so forth.. the language of reports seems to depend on who is doing the interpreting and reporting on the diagnostics however whenever you go to a new doctor it's best to bring a copy of your films plus your report so each individual physician can view the films and arrive at his or her own conclusion.

Check out ChiroGeek's Home Page great information there to soak up in your spare time. His information can better help you understand the terminology re herniation,bulge and so forth.. very easy to understand so check it out!

Be careful with any treatments to the cervical area in terms of adjustments and so forth. I'd make sure to get a really good diagnosis first.

Last edited by Maria; 04-10-2010 at 10:14 AM.