View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 05:28 AM

Ben, could you give us more information about your surgery?

I had the XLIF at the L 4/5 and ALIF at L5/S1 because of complications once the surgeon was in there, plus a Nuvasive Neodisc at C5/6. This was all just over four weeks ago and I am doing wonderfully...the only side effect really is that my body has taken over and is in sleep mode for now. I guess it is just plain healing and making up for several years of little sleep because of so much pain

I can't recommend the XLIF enough...I can barely feel that incision compared to the ALIF, and even that one isn't very bad. If I only had the XLIF, it would be like it almost never happened! I am following all the proper protocol of course for proper healing and exercising, but expect a full recovery.

I went to see Dr. Luiz Pimenta in Sao Paulo, Brazil in mid-March and have nothing but great things to say about the trip. He was able to find and use non-metal devices where no one else could, which was a life saver for me. I discovered last fall that I was allergic to every metal that was possibly used in ADR and fusion surgery in North America and Germany. All the stalling and disappointments were well worth it in the end, as I ended up getting the devices that were exactly right for me.

I am so glad that your surgery has gone well, and you have your life back again. Congratulations!!!!
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.

Last edited by Katie; 04-18-2010 at 05:31 AM.